PR & Communications Executive
Department: Marketing & PR
Preferred hours: Mon-Thurs 8:50am-5pm, Fri 8:50am-4pm
Closing date: 2019-01-31
Vacancy type: Full Time
Duties & Responsibilities:
iCandy are a British, family-owned business who have become synonymous with designing and engineering the finest, most stylish pushchairs in the world. We are proud to produce innovative, high quality products that make life easier for parents and children alike. Proud winners of 2 Queen’s Awards for both Innovation and for Enterprise in International Trade, iCandy are one of the most highly regarded businesses in the industry.
Globally iCandy has become renowned for its innovative and creative PR and marketing which has contributed to it being one of the ‘must have’ brands amongst consumers.
The ideal candidate will be somebody with a minimum of 2 years PR experience, and / or social media/content marketing experience. Strong writing ability is key, and you will have experience writing and proof-reading press releases as well as being able to handle the usual PR responsibilities such as responding to copy calls, co-ordinating press events and liaising with 3rd party media companies. This PR and Communications Executive will be working alongside the PR Manager to develop the communications strategy and lead on its delivery and implementation through public relations, corporate communications, social media, PR events and content marketing.
This is an unmissable opportunity to join a fantastic organisation and expand your skillset within a well-established team, whilst contributing to their outstanding and meaningful work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and nurture relationships with editors of all major UK and Ireland publications
• Work with editors and photographers to create and deliver impactful advertorials.
• Develop and nurture relationships with celebrities and agents (Gifting)
• Organise and ensure samples are ordered and shipped for magazines review and awards
• Bi-weekly call ups for any magazine features
• Daily check and read all press, magazine, etc. and highlight any brand feature to sales and company
• Creating monthly coverage reports and managing upkeep on VIP and Media database
• Implement consistent PR placements
• Create Press Releases to launch new product lines/ events
• Answer copy calls
• Writing a variety of copy; press releases, email newsletters, blog posts, brochures, invitations and presentations
• Liaising with the international PR agencies plus assisting the set up of emerging territories, reviewing potential partners (celebrities/ influencers/ Media), and aiding
• Play a fundamental role in supporting the Company's charity, Great Ormond Street children's Hospital fundraising efforts. Being creative and inventive with fundraising initiatives
• Support the Social Media team to ensure PR is translated into social media platforms. Working with publications to drive additional placement on social media along with driving sales with E-commerce
• You will also be responsible for creating content for the iCandy Blog inline with the Social Media Calendar
• Work in liaison with the PR Manager and the wider Marketing Team to help plan a strategy for the brand including Press and Digital advertising.
• Uploading imagery, video and Press releases to the Press Lounge Platform. Ensuring it is always up to -date with news worthy content.
• Identifying target audiences and analysing their characteristics, behaviour and media habits.
• Making and maintaining good contacts with media owners, such as newspapers, magazines and websites.
• Proofreading advertisement content before release.
• Evaluating the effectiveness of PR campaigns in order to inform future campaigns.
• Support Management for international press events such as the trade shows (press packs, invites) and consumer Shows. Ensuring attendees across celebrity and Influencer, Editors and people of note attend.
• Creatively identifying methods in which to gain the iCandy brand exposure. Meeting the media to help build relations and provide effective PR.
• ESSENTIAL - 2+years PR experience gained from a similar role
• Exceptional writing and editing skills
• A passion for PR and ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
• Event planning experience
• Must be a strong team player
• Passionate and results driven individual
• Good project/time management skills
• Eagerness and desire to always be the best
• Works well in a high demand environment