Preferred hours: 8.50am - 5pm
Closing date: 2019-11-30
Vacancy type: Full Time
Duties & Responsibilities:
Develop innovative engineering solutions to agreed product briefs. Work closely with Design and Technology to ensure concept design will maintain required design intent and is to required standards. Liaise directly with the iCandy China engineering teams to ensure design and engineering intent is maintained during detail design engineering.
Work with the Technologist to identify engineering solutions to problems occurring in service.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Develop creative / innovative solutions to complex engineering challenges as defined by the brief.
• Undertake 3D CAD in Solid Works to validate engineering concepts (Experience in FEA would be beneficial)
• Work closely with the Designer to ensure visually created designs can be achieved in engineering
• Work closely with the Technologist to ensure creative engineering solutions will meet required (global) standards
• Work closely with iCandy China Engineering team during detailed design engineering to resolve issues and ensure design intent is maintained
• Working with the Technologist and iCandy China teams resolve in service engineering issues
• Support Head of Product to ensure products are launched on time in accordance with critical paths
• Liaise directly with test labs across UK/overseas to carry out NPD compliance
• Support product approvals from prototypes to production samples (sealing process)
• Awareness of regulations, standards and legislation.
• Support in identifying compliance requirements and risks for NPD at brief and Concept stages.
• Overseas travel may be required to help deliver NPD.
Knowledge and Skills: Essential
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Product Design Engineering.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in 3D CAD modelling
• Extensive knowledge of designing / engineering in plastic injection mouldings
• Experience in DFA/DFM
• Knowledge and application of FMEA
• Strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles
• Working to agreed critical path
• Prototyping techniques to assess engineering performance during development
• Testing plans to validate engineering performance
• MS Office packages – outlook, Excel and Word
• Excellent communication skills at all levels
• Decision making
• Customer focus
• Commercial awareness
• Drive and personal integrity
Knowledge and Skills: Beneficial
• Hands on experience of FEA (theory and application)
• Experience of liaising with China manufacturers or Engineers
• Knowledge of metal fabrication (primarily Aluminium extrusion)