Your iCandy stroller requires regular inspection and maintenance, especially as the winter weather is closing in, so we’ve come up with a few pointers that we hope will keep you and your little one on the move this winter.
– Regularly inspect moving parts to ensure they are not stiff. If necessary these can be lubricated using a silicone based furniture polish. The best way to do this is to spray the polish onto a soft cloth, then apply to the part, it also keeps mess to a minimum.
– Regular light lubrication of moving parts will extend the life of your pushchair and make opening and folding easier, but too much can attract dirt so please be aware. The lubricant that we use is 3-in-One Professional Lubricant, but any silicone spray will do the trick.
– The brakes and wheels are subject to wear and should be replaced as and when necessary. Your local stockist can inspect these for you.
– After exposure to wet or damp conditions, leave the pushchair fully opened in a warm, well ventilated environment. Dry it off with a soft, lint free and absorbent cloth. Residual moisture, left unattended, will encourage mildew or rust to form, damaging the pushchair.
– The best way to stop any damage from salt or grit is to wipe down the chassis before storing. Plastic and metal parts of the pushchair may be sponged clean with warm water and a mild detergent.
– Please do not clean your stroller with abrasives, ammonia or bleach based and spirit-type cleaners. Always remember to allow all parts to dry thoroughly before storing.
– If you find your raincover is a little stiff due to the cold, please leave in a warm area for a few minutes and this should help. Please don’t leave your raincover on your stroller indoors.
– Your iCandy seat unit fabric, carrycot apron and safety harness can be cleaned by sponging lightly with warm water and a mild detergent. The safety harness itself is removable for additional cleaning.
– Removable carrycot liners can be machine washed at 30 degrees. Please allow the product to dry naturally, do not bleach, tumble dry, iron or dry clean.
– iCandy soft accessories such as footmuffs and seat liners are also machine washable at 30 degrees. Again, please allow to dry naturally, do not bleach, tumble dry, iron or dry clean.
Alternatively, your original iCandy stockist will be more than happy to give your iCandy pushchair a check-up so that it is ready for winter. If you have moved since purchasing your iCandy stroller then please contact your nearest iCandy stockist.
The following retailers will not be offering a free iCandy Winter Check:
– NappyPin & Toymaster
– Baby Birds
– Affordable Baby Care
– Stork Pram & Cot Centre
– All John Lewis stores
Terms and conditions:
– Please bring proof of purchase with you.
– A small charge may apply if your iCandy is second hand.
– You may be liable for repair charges if your stockist finds any faults which are not covered by your 2 year manufacturing warranty.