Adam Shaw is a Leiths trained Chef and dad of a toddler and a baby. He created At Dad’s Table to guide expectant and new parents through food in pregnancy and early parenthood. His quick, healthy and tasty recipes are designed for the whole family, with a one meal fits all mantra! With Adam’s youngest son hitting the weaning milestone, Adam put the iCandy MiChair and the Beaba Babycook Neo to the test…
Creating one dish for the whole family is really important to me. Whether it’s feeding a weaning baby, a grumpy toddler or an exhausted parent, these days I only ever have the patience to cook once each evening. Getting my children used to the food we all eat as a family is my priority in the kitchen, as is making sure we can all sit round the table to eat together.
That’s why it’s been an absolute delight getting to know the iCandy MiChair and the Beaba Babycook Neo. With the iCandy MiChair Newborn Pod my little one has been able to join us at the table since he was just a few weeks old and now that he’s weaning it’s turned into a very cool, stylish and compact highchair that he loves, especially first thing in the morning!
Not only is it suitable from birth and a stylish, practical high chair but it also easily turns into a rocking chair and when he grows up it becomes a proper chair for him all the way up until he’s six.
We’ve started our weaning journey using the Beaba Babycook Neo. It’s been really useful for steaming and then blending the green vegetables that we’ve used for the first few weeks of weaning. Now he’s ready to start eating the same food as us, the Beaba Babycook Neo blends food up with ease, meaning I can not only cook just once each evening but also expose my baby to new tastes, textures and sensations from very early on.
Adam’s Salmon, Potato, Asparagus, Broccoli and Spring Onion Traybake Topped with a Zingy Lemon, Garlic and Parsley Yoghurt Dip.
Feeds 2 adults, 1 toddler and 1 baby (6 months +)
2-3 Salmon Fillets
8-10 Asparagus Stalks
1 Head of Broccoli
1 Bunch of Spring Onions
2-3 White Potatoes, Peeled and Cut into Discs
3 Spoons of Greek Yoghurt
1 Clove of Garlic
A Few Sprigs of Fresh Parsley
- Roast the potatoes in a little olive oil for 20 mins at 180°C.
- Start de-heading the broccoli and removing the outer layer of the spring onions.
- Add the vegetables to the tray and cook for another 10 minutes. Then add the salmon along with a slice of lemon on each fillet and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Whilst this is cooking, grate 1 clove of garlic in a bowl and add the juice of half a lemon, three tablespoons of yoghurt and some chopped parsley. Mix well.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Flake off a little salmon, asparagus, potato, broccoli and spring onion and blend in the Beaba Babycook Neo.
- Place the rest of the tray on the table and tuck in as a family!