A new baby comes with lots of equipment, some of it essential and some an added luxury. So, what do you really need when it comes to somewhere safe and comfortable for baby to sleep in those first few formative months? From bedside cribs to moses baskets and sleep nests in between, there is so much choice for you and your baby. Yet, the great news is every iCandy carrycot is suitable for permanent overnight sleeping and here's why...
All iCandy carrycots are suitable for overnight sleeping because they adhere to the following criteria in addition to the relevant standard (EN1466):
- Be rigid bodied
- Have a removal apron for ventilation
- Have a canopy hood that can be lowered
- Have a mattress that is FR treated (BS7177)
- Have fabrics that are FR treated (BS5852)
- A carrycot plays an essential part in the first six months of a baby’s life – it is a light portable cot that can be attached to the chassis of a pram. When it comes to a travel system, it’s the first configuration that will be used with a newborn. If a pushchair doesn’t have a lie-flat seating option, then a carrycot is a must as it allows a newborn to lie completely flat which is essential for spinal and lung development. According to The Sleep Foundation, it is recommended that newborns have 14-17 hours of sleep within a 24 hour period, so its vital that their sleeping environment is safe and comfortable.
- According to the Lullaby Trust, it is essential that you use ‘a firm and flat mattress that is protected by a waterproof cover. This will help keep the mattress clean and dry, as the cover can be wiped down’. Secondly, they state ‘make sure your baby’s mattress is in good condition and that it fits the moses basket or cot properly’. iCandy carrycots come with a padded mattress with a removable, washable cover that is designed to fit the carrycot perfectly, providing a comfortable and healthy place for your baby to sleep. If you are using a second hand iCandy pushchair for your baby it is recommended that the mattress is replaced.
- The Lullaby Trust also state that, ‘a room temperature of 16-20°C – with light bedding or a lightweight, well-fitting baby sleep bag– is comfortable and safe for sleeping babies’. iCandy carrycots have a vented base panel with studded feet, as well as a ventilation panel within the canopy to keep air flowing.
- Welcoming a baby doesn’t mean compromising on your personal or interior design style. With so many fashion-forward colourways to choose from across the iCandy collections, you are guaranteed to find an iCandy pushchair that will not only turn heads along the high street but will complement your home décor too. Plus, as iCandy pushchair bundles come complete with a carrycot* there is no additional expense for parents-to-be.
Take a look at the iCandy Collections here