iCandy is delighted to be collaborating with Clodagh McKenna- Celebrity Chef, Cookbook Author, Broadcaster and Columnist-to bring a series of Clodagh’s delicious recipes to the iCandy Life Blog.
From a Moroccan inspired family supper to an immune boosting green juice, Clodagh’s recipes celebrate simple and seasonal ingredients. Clodagh’s fifth recipe in the series is a decadent Valentine's date night treat…
Roasted Hazelnut Hot Chocolate Puddings
• 30g butter
• 100g blanched hazelnuts, very finely chopped
•180g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), broken into chunks
• 4 eggs, separated
• 100g caster sugar
• 50g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Grease six ovenproof china cups or small ramekins with the butter, then sprinkle one-quarter of the finely chopped hazelnuts evenly around the inside of each, setting aside another quarter for topping the puddings.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t let the base of the bowl touch the water).
- While the chocolate is melting, in a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks, sugar and the remaining 50g hazelnuts together. Whisk the melted chocolate into the egg yolk mixture, then fold in the flour.
- In another very clean and dry bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff, then gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the pudding mixture into the prepared cups or ramekins and sprinkle the reserved hazelnuts on top. Stand on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 9–10 minutes.